The Spongebob SquarePants main characters all portray the 7 deadly sins.
Sloth is the sin of laziness, or unwillingess to act. Obviously this is Patrick. He lays under a rock all the time and doesn’t really do anything. In fact in the episode “Big Pink Loser” he got an award for doing nothing the longest.
Wrath involves feelings of hatred and anger. Squidward hates his life, usually hates SpongeBob, and is pretty much angry most of the time.
Obviously Mr. Krabs is greedy and desires money. How could Greed not be Krabs? He actually sang about the power of greed in “Selling Out”.
Plankton is envious of Mr. Krabs because The Krusty Krab is a success while The Chum Bucket is a failure. His envy drives him to try to steal the Krabby Patty secret formula.
I actually think this one is pretty funny. Did you ever notice the running gag in Spongebob where they say “don’t forget to feed Gary” or Sponge says “I gotta go feed Gary”. Gary even ran away that time when SpongeBob forgot to feed him. Glutony usually refers to the overindulgence of food so I’m guessing this one fits him pretty well.
Sandy takes a lot of pride in who she is and where she comes from. She takes pride in the fact that she is from Texas and likes to let everyone know it. She also takes pride in the fact that she is a mammal and a land creature, like in the episode “Pressure” where she tried to prove land critters were better than sea critters.
Ok, I know what your thinking. It does seem a little weird and curious at first but I have given it a lot of thought. Lust in one definition is “excessive love of others”. I think this one works best for Spongebob. He shows his love of others with his overeagerness to do good and help people. If anything is true about SpongeBob its that he loves everyone around him, even if they don’t exactly love him back.
beautiful poetry | a beautiful young woman | the mountains were calm and beautiful.
The women in Brian M. Viveros paintings.
When music makes you feel this assortment of emotions. Makes you cry, makes you smile, puts you in a good mood, makes you feel in love. That something so intangible can make you feel all these things.
That look. That look a person gives you when you know you’ve made them incredibly happy, at that very moment.
Nature. Cliche I know, but simply taking a moment to pause, and look at the world around us. Look at the sky, look at the grass, observe the insects crawling over your mother’s plants trying to get by everyday. Look at the people you pass by everyday. Everyone is always on the go, with the hustle and bustle of everyday life, school, work, simply living in the city; but just stop for a second. And look around at what is around you.
Lights. The lights in the city, the lights I see from high above in an airplane, the lights at christmas, the lights shining through windows of various houses, the lights in downtown, the assorted lights at a concert, The stars and the mood in the sky, shining light.
“This happened last summer. I took my children to the playground near the river one day. They have these benches along the bike path, each inscribed with a dedication to a loved one that has passed (Bob Smith “Let’s sit here awhile longer”, things like that) where I saw a man in his 40s sitting alone with his bike leaned up against the bench. He had a CD player and his headphones in, obviously prepared for a nice afternoon of watching the river and enjoying the day. After a bit I glanced over to see the man fiddling with his CD player, becoming agitated. He started cursing and finally stood up and threw it to the ground, then turned and fumbled with his bike to leave. My children came up and asked, “Mommy why is he so mad?” I said I’d find out.
I walked over to the man as he was about to leave and said hello and I noticed he was having a bad day. He immediately apologized, thinking I was going to scold him for swearing and making a scene, then explained he had just gotten a CD player from a thrift store and wanted to listen to it while relaxing but it wasnt working. He had just gotten back from his doctor, who told him his treatments weren’t working and his cancer was terminal. I told him to wait a moment, and went back to the van where I had my CD player I hadnt used in years since buying an iPod.
There was this look of confusion and gratefulness and sadness he had when my husband and I offered it to him, and of course many years were shed by both the man and I over a conversation about his life. Someone had broken into our garage that morning and stolen hundreds of dollars in tools and fishing equipment. It turned out this man had an amount of rods and reels he never used an didn’t intend to. After a couple of hours of talking and encouragement, he took us to his house and gave us these things, and I hooked him up with some more CDs.
I always remember him when we go back to the park, this man with his back to us, shoulders slumped a bit, his bad day just getting worse. Sometimes you can just see the hopelessness surrounding someone, and it breaks my heart. RIP, Aaron.”—yaywork
1. A guy who’s not afraid to smile and laugh. Because there are days when the sun refuses to wake up and leave its covers.
2. A guy that can recommend a great book. Not good, but great. A guy who loses himself in words…and turns them into his own world. A guy who finds knowledge and lessons in his library, showing the value of words and how they can affect someone. How they can make someone feel. How they can make someone remember. How they can make someone forget.
3. A guy with a sense of style. One that can wear suits. Because if a person’s image is their introduction to the world, then I want a guy that can say more than Nikes and Snapbacks.
4. A guy that knows and shares good music. A guy that lets his soul sing along to his favourite songs. Finds freedom in the high notes and finds pieces of himself in his music.
5. A guy with ambition. Because I can fall for who you are but what about who you’re trying to be?
6. A guy with a voice that can make songbirds jealous. Because I’ve spent too much time trying to tune out the fault lines in the cracking of vocal chords and the tides in their wavelengths that I’ve forgotten how to listen.
7. Honesty. Critical and encouraging, but never condescending or babying. Handle me with boxing gloves, makes me stronger. Makes me better. Makes me WANT to be better.
8. Thoughtful eyes.
9. A guy that thinks. Introspective. Has a throne in his mind and wears his thoughts like a tuxedo.
10. A guy with an open mind. Who will embrace ideas the way his arms open like a home for me. But will stand firm in his own…against the storms and the floods.
21. What did you think about before you fell asleep last night?
I thought about how much I miss my friend Lara, hoping I passed all my finals, how it sucks playing the waiting game to see when my professors are going to post up grades, and I thought about how much I like this certain person and I hope they like me too.
37. Describe a time/event in your life that you’re nostalgic for.
My whole 18th year of living. It was such a carefree and exciting time in my life where I’d just started college and independence, my friends and I would go on spontaneous mini vacations together, I met a ton of awesome people and got closer to the ones I had, life was great and reckless and immature, yet it felt okay at the time.
12. Who would you say is your “anti” role model? Someone who serves as a warning rather than an inspiration?
Hmm this is a hard one, but probably a few of my older female cousins. I never want to be like them, they’re so disrespectful and ill-mannered, instead of being someone I should’ve looked up to as a kid, I cringe every time I think of them.
24. What was something you used to enjoy, but was ruined for you? What’s the story behind that?
The Red Hot Chili Peppers and all of their albums. I used to love listening to them but they remind me so much of the person who first introduced me to them in the first place that I can’t bear to listen to them anymore. I don’t miss that person at all.
1. What’s a question you’re afraid to ask? To whom? 2. What’s something you hide about your personality? 3. What’s something other people think about you that you don’t agree with? 4. How do you deal with criticism? 5. What’s the sweetest thing anyone’s ever done for you? 6. What’s the sweetest thing you’ve ever done for someone? 7. What’s something sweet you’d like someone to do for you? 8. Describe your favourite texture. 9. Which national or global tragedy were you closest to and how did it affect you? 10. Post a photo/draw a picture/write a poem (pick one) of a moment of personal significance. 11. Which fictional character would you most like to have lunch with and why? 12. Who would you say is your “anti” role model? Someone who serves as a warning rather than an inspiration? 13. What’s your least “politically correct” opinion? 14. What kind of underwear do you imagine Sherlock Holmes wears? 15. What’s one of the most difficult things you’ve ever had to do? 16. If you were an element on the Periodic Table, which would you be and why? 17. What’s the most infuriating thing your parents (or caregiver) do? 18. Which Disney Princess do you most identify with and why? Which is your favourite and why? And yes- ANYONE can answer this question. 19. You’re an Action Movie Hero. What’s your weapon of choice and the line you scream when defeating your arch enemy? 20. What’s the silliest fan theory you’ve ever come up with? 21. What did you think about before you fell asleep last night? 22. What’s the oddest term of endearment you’ve ever used or that someone’s used for you? 23. What motivates you in life? 24. What was something you used to enjoy, but was ruined for you? What’s the story behind that? 25. How do you think you will fare when the Zombie Apocalypse arrives? 26. Which mythological creature are you most like? Why? And if you could be any mythological creature, which would you want to be? Why? 27. Write a brief story about an actual adventure you’ve had. 28. Describe one of the most awkward experiences of your life. 29. What’s something that scares you about the future? 30. List 5 quirky things about yourself. 31. Describe your dream library. 32. What’s the weirdest item you’ve ever mourned? 33. If you could design an amusement park ride, what would it be like? 34. Do you have any “rules” about food? 35. What’s your opinion on age differences in relationships? 36. What’s something you want to do that you’d be embarrassed to tell other people about? 37. Describe a time/event in your life that you’re nostalgic for. 38. How do you approach social situations? 39. What is your ideal bed? Why? 40. Post a short excerpt of your life.