Because every Bright Eyes concert I’ve been to has taken place during the fall.
Because I can wear my cable knit sweaters and plethora of cardigans.
Because Montrose Oktoberfest exists. And this will be the first year I can actually participate in the drinking festivities!
Because Descanso Gardens fills their main entrance will gazillions of giant pumpkins.
It’s just the seasons to be cute and dress cute and be calm while everything around you is dying and turning yellow and crunchy.
For all of you who still follow me!
I’ve grown to decreasingly post less and less over the past few years since I started this blog, and I really hate that I don’t have as much time to dedicate to posting quality/insightful content on here.
But bear with me. Because change is coming.
Starting tomorrow I want to dedicate my time to posting at minimum, at least 1 original, non-reblogged or selfie posts a day.
Maybe I’ll call it, “The Daily Meep”
I highly recommend this silent documentary to anyone who enjoys time lapse cinematography. It’s simply stunning. #Baraka
Even though everyone has smart phones now, there was a time when you had to call a crush at a house phone and ran the risk of having mom or dad answer the phone.
To which you would instantly turn into an Avon sales lady.
My favorite quote ever was from a concert I went to roughly a year ago.
He said something about how it doesn’t matter if we’re rich or poor, sick or healthy, beautiful or not, because we’re all going to die alone.
And that statement is so very true.
We are all going to die.
We are all going to die alone.
No one dies with you except yourself.
So ultimately, nothing fucking matters in this world we call “life”
The relationships we build, the things we accomplish and accumulate
It does not matter.
So don’t be upset over something as insignificant as a disappointment. Fuck.
Professional Nail Polish-namer.
College is what you make it. And so far, I’ve made it become an experience that’s been 60% disheartening/lonely, 20% enjoyable/fun, and 10% memorable.
I’m determined to make this last year make up for that large 60 percent. Because although I do realize that a lot of that percentage was my own fault, since “your college experience is what you make of it,” I still believe that a lot of was due to external factors.
Anyway, here is the list or “new years resolution” of sort I have compiled to accomplish for these next two semesters.
- Be more social and engaging in class, etc.
- Talk to people, meet new people, network with people.
- Make lasting friendships.
- Get more involved with on-campus activities
- Attend more campus-sponsored events
- Actually participate in the clubs I have listed on my resume.
- Stop trying to hide from everyone while on campus. Be in the public eye, stop avoiding the places I feel uncomfortable and get over the anxiety these places bring me.
- Really push myself to become better at understanding and utilizing design softwares.
- Similar to number 3, but find a friend who I can have lunch with on campus. No more buying coffee and rushing out of the dining hall by myself.
- Put more effort into my appearance. I always start out looking nice for school, but often end up in hoodies and disheveled hair and no makeup for the remainder of the semester.
- Do/Create something that will make an impact and leave me a lasting impression. I really want to make a difference on my campus so hopefully my thesis project will aid in accomplishing this.
- Keep in touch with all the wonderful people I have met this summer from my internship. This is a little less college oriented, but still something I want to do throughout the school year.
- Join a non-profit organization and start volunteering regularly.
Had such a lovely time with Gev in Solvang this weekend.
Solvang is this really cute, Danish city up more northern California near Santa Barbara wine country.
We spent the day walking around town visiting all the little shops, had lunch at a windmill, and ended the day with wine tasting at a local winery.
It was a lovely day indeed.
I think I have discovered my favorite bar, even though I’ve only been 21 for less than a month now and I’ve only been to a handful of bars, but this place in Downtown is super cute and serves drinks in little jars.
It really sort of bothers me when people say that I ask too many questions.
Since when was it such a crime to be inquisitive?
It’s awesome when you find individuals who share your similar hates with.
If we can hate on something together, we’re friends in my book.
101 Dalmatians - 1961
My future husband in cartoon form. I didn’t think it’s possible to swoon at a cartoon character, but I am.
Lives in a loft.
My dream man.